A girl undergoes amputations after catching a rare disease

None

NEGATIVE
A young Arizona girl has had several limbs amputated over the last two weeks after she mysteriously contracted a deadly bacterial infection, according to her distraught family.
Second-grader Victoria Pasten-Morales has reportedly undergone eight surgeries since she was diagnosed with group A Streptococcus, a bacteria that can lead to deadly diseases.
3 The young girl has undergone multiple surgeries in the last couple of weeks.
GoFundMeThe 7-year-old started her illness with a fever and vomiting at the end of February before her lips and hands became blue, one of her parents told a local outlet.
“Everything happened very fast.
It occurred very fast.
We don’t know where it came from, but it all happened in less than 12 hours,” mother Obdulia Morales told Fox 10 in Phoenix.
“Diseases come unexpectedly,” Victor Pasten added in Spanish.
“From morning to night, everything can change in just one second.”The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital, where she received the grim diagnosis and underwent numerous procedures.
“Unfortunately, they had to amputate both feet and her right hand.
Her left hand is still recovering,” Pasten told the station Sunday.
Victoria’s kidneys have also been affected and while she is awake, she needs a ventilator, according to Fox 10.
While she can’t talk, the girl was blowing kisses and nodding her head when staff from the school she attends visited Victoria to wish her well, her teacher said in a GoFundMe post reported on by Fox 10.
More than $23,000 has been raised for the family so far as they face a financial burden from the shocking medical emergency.
3 The girl’s parents said everything happened “fast.” Fox 103 Her mother and father (left) can’t understand how the bacteria spread so fast.
Courtesy Victor PastenGroup A Streptococcus can lead to different infections, from mild illnesses to more severe diseases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Morales said her daughter has been a “warrior” through the scary ordeal.
“It’s not going to be easy for her,” she told Fox 10.
“It’s going to be hard, but she’s strong.”Her parents, who have three other children, can’t explain how she caught the debilitating infection.
“Not even the doctors can tell us how she got this bacteria,” Morales said.

As reported by her distraught family, a young girl from Arizona had several limbs amputated over the course of the last two weeks after she appeared to have contracted a deadly bacterial infection.

Victoria Pasten-Morales, a second-grader, has reportedly had eight surgeries since her diagnosis of group A streptococcus, a bacteria that can cause fatal illnesses.

3 In the past few weeks, the young girl has had several surgeries. GOFundMe.

Before her lips and hands turned blue, the 7-year-old’s illness began at the end of February with a fever and vomiting, one of her parents told a local outlet.

“Everything transpired very quickly. It happened very quickly. Mom Obdulia Morales told Fox 10 in Phoenix, “We don’t know where it came from, but it all happened in less than 12 hours.”.

In Spanish, Victor Pasten said, “Diseases come unexpectedly.”. “In an instant, everything can shift from day to night. “.

The young patient was admitted to Phoenix Children’s Hospital, where she was given a dire prognosis and had a number of operations.

Sadly, they had to amputate her right hand and both of her feet. “Her left hand is still healing,” Pasten said on Sunday to the station.

According to Fox 10, Victoria also has kidney damage and requires a ventilator while she is conscious.

Her teacher said in a GoFundMe post that Fox 10 covered that the girl, despite her incapacity to speak, was blowing kisses and nodding her head when staff from the school she attends visited Victoria to wish her well.

The family is facing financial difficulties as a result of the unexpected medical emergency, and more than $23,000 has been raised so far.

3 Everything went “quickly,” according to the girl’s parents. Fox 10. “.

3 Her father and mother (on the left) are perplexed as to why the bacteria spread so quickly. Thanks to Victor Pasten.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that Group A Streptococcus can cause a variety of infections, ranging from minor ailments to more serious conditions.

According to Morales, her daughter has bravely faced the terrifying experience.

She said to Fox 10 that “it’s not going to be easy for her.”. Though she is strong, it will be difficult. “.

Her parents, who also have three other kids, are unable to provide an explanation for how she came to have the crippling illness.

Morales stated, “Not even the doctors can tell us how she got this bacteria.”.

scroll to top