43 people are homeless after fire at Temple Court Apartments

The Root

There’s now so much uncertainty for dozens of residents of a Miami apartment building that went up in flames Monday in what officials said was an intentionally set fire.
Many who left everything behind to escape the flames at the Temple Court apartments were spending the night in a shelter at Jose Marti Park.
When police arrived, they weren’t only met with flames but also a wounded maintenance worker who had been shot.
Cristhian Dominguez’s grandparents were among the 43 people who are now displaced.
On Monday, Commissioner Keon Hardemon’s staff brought bags of blankets while the Red Cross worked to provide the displaced with food and other essentials.
“I don’t have the medicine I take for my thyroid nor my blood pressure, I have nothing, and I’m devastated.
According to Suarez, the property management company has rented a hotel to house the 43 people who were displaced for the next two weeks.
“That was their house so it’s like where do they go now that’s the most important question,” said Dominguez.

NEGATIVE

Dozens of people who lived in an apartment building in Miami that caught fire on Monday—officials claim it was a deliberately set fire—are now living in a state of extreme uncertainty.

Many of those who fled the Temple Court apartment fires with nothing were spending the night in a shelter at Jose Marti Park.

Roughly 8:30 a.m. M. As the two buildings that comprised the apartment complex, which is primarily home to the elderly, started to emit thick clouds of smoke.

It’s the first three-alarm fire Miami has seen in twenty-five years.

Not only did the police find fires, but they also discovered a shot maintenance worker injured.

According to Mayor Francis Suarez, police have detained a suspect they believe is responsible for both the shooting and starting the fire.

The 43 individuals who are currently displaced included Cristhian Dominguez’s grandparents.

Dominguez remarked, “I don’t even know how much damage is there, so we have to find housing for them now that they were living there.”.

Commissioner Keon Hardemon’s staff brought blankets in bags on Monday, and the Red Cross worked to supply food and other necessities to the displaced people.

Mercedes Gouthmann, whose apartment was on the first floor, said, “We’re all homeless now.”.

The only valuables she took with her were her dog, a few critical documents, and her special needs son.

“I am heartbroken because I have nothing left, including the medication I take for my blood pressure and thyroid. Gouthmann remarked, “I have no idea what’s going to happen to us.

Ruth told NBC6 that she saw firefighters save her grandmother.

She remarked, “We don’t know if we’ll be able to obtain heirlooms and family items that have been traditionally passed down from generations down.”. And that is priceless. “.

To extinguish the flames, 126 firefighters needed eight hours.

Suarez claims that for the next two weeks, the 43 displaced people will be housed in a hotel that the property management company has rented. What happens to them after that is unknown.

“The most important question is where they go now, because that was their house,” Dominguez remarked.

Investigating factors are still being looked into in relation to the shooting and fire. The hospital was treating the shot maintenance worker critically.

scroll to top